Spring is like a breath of fresh air after a long winter. As new life buds outside, it makes us want to get our home feeling new again. After being cooped up inside all winter, you have probably thought of a dozen things you would like to do to your home. Here are a few tips that will help you with your springtime home renovations…
Hire an Contractor (Designer/Installer)
It can be tempting to try and do home renovations yourself. However, hiring a contractor is the way to go as they will have the experience and training needed to complete the job. Not only will your contractor take on the physical labor but they will also make sure that you have the necessary permits. Contractors also get a discount from suppliers which will allow you access to higher grade materials at a better cost. On top of it all, you won’t have to invest in tools that you might only use one time.
Here are a few things to look for when acquiring a contractor…
- Make sure that the contractor is licensed and bonded.
- Be sure that your contractor has workman’s compensation insurance for their team.
- Look to see if the contractor is a member of relevant professional organizations
- Read through customer reviews and ask for referrals.
- Reputable contractors won’t hesitate to provide you with the necessary information to prove that they are credible and reliable.
Get the Details in Writing
Drawing up a contract gets all of your renovation project details in writing. Your contract should include information about your payments, what all the job entails, and penalties should either side fail to hold up to their end of the deal.
Removing carpet is usually easier than installing it. Once all the old carpet has been removed, you’ll be ready for the new. It is important that carpet installation is done neatly and correctly as this is the best way to prevent rippling. There are a few things to take into consideration when it comes time to choose new carpet.
- How often is the room used?
- How much light shines into the room?
- Does it receive a lot of traffic?
- Is the room for entertainment or relaxation?
- Does the room have direct access to outside?
Answering these questions will help give you a good idea of which style and type of carpet to use throughout your home.
New Cabinetry For Your Kitchen or Bathroom
It may be helpful to look at showrooms and online at sites like pinterest to see what is available in present day cabinets. Do this before your meeting with a custom cabinet company. This will give you a better idea of what you like.
- Storage Space
- Do you need more storage space?
- What would you store in the new storage space?
- Would the space between shelves help with your particular need?
- Do you want deep cabinets?
- You can design a place for everything in your kitchen. Outfit your kitchen cabinets with implements designed to make the most of your storage space. There are add-ons and smart configurations cabinetry to create kitchens that are hard-working and organization-friendly.
- What Ad-ons Do You Want?
- Do you want slide out shelves?
- Do You want to conceal you waste cans?
- Do you want soft closing drawers and cabinets?
- Do you want a chopping station?
- Do you want a spice rack or a win rack?
- There are many options to consider. You can add your own organisational preferences to your cabinets for functionality.
- The Most Important Questions
- What is your Budget?
- Have you measured the dimensions of your room?
If you have spaces that you do not use on a day-to-day basis, you might consider repurposing them to make your home more functional. This also keeps these areas from becoming cluttered and a mess.
Brighten Up Your Kitchen
Using white as your main color and accenting in Spring colors is a good way to brighten up your kitchen. Bright colors seem to make spaces feel larger and cleaner which is a good thing, especially in the kitchen.
Reseal Doors and Windows
Cold temperatures in the Winter may lead to cracking and shrinking in the caulking around doors and windows. This is why it is important to reseal your doors and windows when Spring rolls around.
Renovate to Uplift Your Lifestyle
Improving your home and your lifestyle just feels good. Consider renovation projects that will uplift your lifestyle. Get that she-shed, finish your man cave, add a sunroom– the options are endless.
You can trust the professionals Style Flooring, Cabinets, and Carpets to tackle the job and make your home remodeling process easy so you can just enjoy the exciting parts!
Contact us (859-279-3421) for a complimentary in home estimate and design consultation
-OR- stop by our showroom!
About Style Flooring, Cabinets, & Countertops
Style Flooring, Cabinets, and Countertops offers a level of attention and knowledge to our customers that big box stores just can’t! Our focus is to provide every client with outstanding service, high quality products, and competitive prices. We ask questions to get an accurate understanding of our clients wants and needs. Our extensive knowledge and product offerings allows us to help our clients find the best possible option for their lifestyle, look, and budget.
>> Learn More